Chapter 2 - Greenfield Garden - Novel - A tale of mysterious Greenfield woods

This is a copyrighted material
Series : Love, Intimacy and Betrayal - Twisted Heart Saga
Title : A tale of Mysterious Greenfield Woods
Greenfield Flowers was a beautiful garden placed closer to the lake of Greenfield town. It was the best place for anyone to hang out and one of the places where Sam was hoping to meet Sophia again. The jogger's footpath ran through the entire garden dividing the garden into smaller blocks and each block had its own unique identity. The first block has swings and slides and a sign “Fun time” in front of it. It is always filled with children and their parents. It reminds Sam of his childhood days and brought some of the dark memories back. He jogs ahead and sees a field, full of red roses, with benches right at the center and a pond by the side, which made it a perfect romantic place. A couple in their late sixties were sitting there, holding their hands."Lovers Nest" that is what it read in the sign above. The next block was little dense with bushes for children to play hide and seek. Although, it was generally occupied by teenagers who played something else over there. Sam would have liked to play it with Sophia, if she was there. The sign above it read "Enter at your own risk. Use protection." The next block brought a smile on Sam's face every time he passed by it. Some people were doing yoga by one side and the other groups of people were laughing out loudly without any reason. They called it the laughter club and their motto was "Laughter is the best medicine." You can easily make out, the teenagers had newly joined the group from the way they were checking themselves. They were trying not to make a fool out of themselves. The other members were laughing their butts off, as if somebody had told them the biggest joke of their life. Sam couldn't stop himself from laughing as it was really addictive. The end of the footpath was the most beautiful part with an uphill run and on either side of the footpath there was yellow and orange flowers resembling a sunrise. It felt as if one was running into the sky with the sun rising in the background and the sign rightly read "Paradise". A beautiful figure went past Sam, running down the paradise and the thing that diverted Sam's attention was that she was not running but hopping around. It was like a hip hop dance; she was skipping and running at the same time. The long bouncing hair reminds Sam of someone else and instead of staying in the path of paradise, Sam decides to descent and follow the cute rabbit. Sam didn't knew the reason why he was imitating her style of running but it looked like a lover kangaroo following his love.She was wearing a simple green halter-neck top paired with denim shorts. If it were not for her hopping, Sam would not have noticed her shorts. She feels someone was following her and turns around. Sam did not know what to do so he continues hopping and got closer and closer to her. His brain had gone into multi-processing mode, every process trying to figure out what would be the best answer. He tells to himself, "This is my jogging style and I am not imitating her." The worse thing was he could not stop hopping even after she was looking straight at him and he was kind of enjoying the ride. The beautiful girl says, "Excuse me, are you mocking me?" Sam replies, "Me no, it's my jogging style." She says, "Hey, you are the guy who was looking at me dancing in rain, the other day. Sorry, I forgot your name." Sam thought to himself, "Oh, she doesn't remember my name. She surely remembers everything, even the tiniest of things, the dress I was wearing, which brand, was my shoe matching my jeans, everything and she tells me that she does not remember my name." Sam was up for the 'I don't know you' game. Sam says, "Sorry, I didn't recognize you either. Should I have known you by any chance? Have we met before?" The beautiful cute rabbit replies, "I am Sophia; you met me four days ago. You were watching me dance in the rain." Sam talks to himself, "She remembers the number of days and she doesn't remember my name." It was quite hard for Sam to believe it and Sam avoids that question by looking away nervously. Sam could see her smile from the corner of his eyes. She waits for an answer with her arms crossed. Sam knew only she could break this silence but somehow she was enjoying it to. After few minutes, Sam gathers the courage to looks into her beautiful glittering eyes, anxious for reply, yet playfully doubting his intention of stalking her. Although, she had her lips closed, Sam could feel her laughing from inside and worse part of it was he could not even blame her for doing that. Suddenly, four more brunette kangaroos join Sophia to make the situation even more harder for Sam. They were looking at Sam so suspiciously that he almost felt like a villain trying to kidnap this cute kangaroo-rabbit and Charlie angels are here to free her. The smallest of the kangaroo from the lot comes up to Sam and says, "Are you stalking Sophia? Hey mister, are you laughing at me?" A four feet sweet little girl was pointing finger at Sam trying to intimidate him. Now from being scared he could not stop laughing.  Sam replies, "No, I am not laughing." The cute brunette asks again, "Were you troubling Sophia?" It was probably her tone that made Sam call her madam. "No madam, who is Sophia?", asks Sam. Sophia interrupts this time, "It's just a stranger." Sam could feel the irritation in Sophia's voice and what was troubling Sam was, she didn't even refer him as he, but as it. In the past four days, Sam had been dreaming of meeting her and planning the ways he would approach her and ask her out. Sam realizes she might have too dreamed something about the next meeting. Sam not knowing her name would be the last thing she would have thought about. Sam feels stupid about the whole incident and he could see the little watery eyes that were trying to convey him something that no words could say. All the other members of the kangaroo family were confused and there was only two people over there who knew why Sophia had tears in her eyes. Sam knew she couldn't explain it to her friends why she is upset for a stranger not knowing her name. Sam moves forward but her friends formed a wall around her. Sam says firmly, "I need to talk to Sophia." Sophia replies in a very small voice, "But, I don't want to talk to you Sam." Sam could feel now that she had been thinking about him all these days, every minute every second. Sam had not realized that their first meeting would have left them dreaming about each other so badly. Sam could see her resentment to talk to him as she didn't even look at him and it was killing him. Sam says, "I am sorry, I have been a jerk. I have been dreaming all these days about you and hurting you was the last thing I could have ever thought about." Sophia looks away to hide the tears that her eyes could not hold any longer. Sam says, "Please give me a chance and let me make it up to you." Sophia gives Sam a look and he knew all she wants was him to comfort her. Sam took Sophia in his arms and whispers in her ears, "I love you." Sophia replies in a similar whispering fashion, "Sam, are you scared of saying it loud?" Sam shouts for everyone in the garden to hear, "I AM DEEPLY EMOTIONALLY LOGICALLY DEADLY IN LOVE WITH YOU MISS SOPHIA." She had a smile with some tears still rolling down her cheeks. Sophia wipes off her tears and says, "How can you deadly love a person that you have just met four days ago? You are an idiot Sam." Sam replies, "Your deadly smile can kill any living thing and I am just an ordinary guy, I had no chance but to fall for you." Sophia replies, "Come on Sam, be truthful and do not make up things now." "Sophia," Sam says, "I really do feel that you have the most beautiful smile and I cannot take it out of my mind." She tries to look away as Sam was continuously staring at her. 
"Sam," Sophia asks, "What are you doing?" 
Sam replies, "Nothing.". 
Sophia asks, "Sam, Can you stop it?".
Sam replies, "Sophia, stop what? ".
Sophia replies, "Sam, stop staring at me?".
Sam replies, "Sorry, I could not take my eyes of you." Sophia asks again, "Sam, could you quit looking at me like that?" Sam replies, "I couldn't and I am trying hard not to look." Sophia knew this time Sam was telling the truth. Sophia introduces her friends to Sam and says, "This is Leena, the strict one and this is Sam." Leena stepped forward and says, "Yes, we know." and warns Sam, "If you hurt Sophia again, I am going to kill you myself and I mean it." Sam replies, "Yes madam, I would never ever do that again." 

Series : Love, Intimacy and Betrayal - Twisted Heart Saga
Title : A tale of Mysterious Greenfield Woods
Copyright © 2014 Kallat Vinay Surendran

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pain - Does it break you or make you a believer?

I was hearing a song on repeat and my Indian mother could not be more irritated and asked, 'Can you stop listening to this crappy Englis...