Chapter 3 - Mysterious Hotel - Novel - A tale of mysterious Greenfield woods

This is a copyrighted material
Series : Love, Intimacy and Betrayal - Twisted Heart Saga
Title : A tale of Mysterious Greenfield Woods
The next day, Sam decides to make it up to Sophia and asks her out for a romantic dinner. Sam was wearing short sleeve button down shirt which was tight and a Jeans, while Sophia was wearing a ground length  sequined ball-gown which was black in color a perfect date dress. They met and started walking towards Greenfield Hotel  with their hands almost touching each other. It was a cold evening, but his eyes were rooted to her hands moving closely to his. He wants to hold it but innocent touches were even more engraving. They enter the Greenfield Hotel which was famous for Sushi. Although, Sam didn't like sushi much, he had come to know that Sophia liked it from Leena and he wanted to make it up to her desperately. Sam had never seen so many Japanese eating together, so seriously, ever before. The silence in there when they both walked in was making Sam a bit nervous, while Sophia was confident and happy as always. Being the only non - Japanese couple in the sushi mushy counter, they earn lots of look. Sophia sits right in the middle of the hotel, while Sam just wants to run away to the bar section, away from all the drama. Sophia senses his embarrassment and holds his hands to calm his nerves down. Chef Daichi was giving a very good show right in front of their seat. Sophia always liked to be at the center of the party where all the fun part took place whereas Sam always preferred to be in corner where no one would be noticing him, holding a bottle of Budweiser. Sam knew they were not similar at all and also knew he needed Sophia more than she needed him. Daichi was a thin muscular guy with lots of piercing on his body and looked like Jackie chan. He was moving like a samurai chopping down vegetables with his four different sets of knife. He tosses a fish in air, made four cuts while it was in mid air and the fish falls right in front of him, intact in one piece. Daichi’s attention gets diverted towards Sam's chuckle who by now was feeling jealous of him. Chef taps the pan below and it breaks into four pieces. Sam whispers, "How did he do that? It should have broken into pieces the moment it fell down." Sophia whispers too, "Sam, I am also trying to find that answer from a very long time. Chef Daichi is the best and has the fastest hands that I have ever seen." This irritates Sam even more as Sophia's eyes were following Daichi and not him. Sophia takes his hand, places it right between her hands and says, "You have nothing to worry about, I am all yours." Sophia then gets up and says, "Let me freshen up," and leaves for the washroom. Suddenly, the lights go off and the entire hotel goes pitch black. Sam looks right out of the door as he starts to drift into his past of lonely dark nights in the jail. Sam, since childhood was always afraid of dark and that is when he thinks, "Should I just make a run to the door? Why the hell did they switch off the light? Where is Sophia?" Sam shouts, "Fire, Fire." Then after a few seconds he realizes it was just part of Daichi's show. Realizing all were looking at him, he shouts, "Oh, wow fire.", which fills in more energy in the room. Daichi starts to juggle vinegar, soya bottles, knives, sea fish and cooking handle all at the same time. He cuts, cleans the sea fish and cooks rice simultaneously without much effort. Sam realizes Sophia was right; Daichi really has the best pair of hands and the yellow orange flame just added glamour to his show in a pitch dark hotel. Sam actually starts to like the show. Sam has a very uncanny nature of attracting trouble especially when everything's going good in his life, that is how his luck is. An unknown person comes and sits right beside him without looking towards him. The unknown person looks strange, someone right from CIA who was in his late fifties. The unknown person says, "Don't look at me and look straight." Sam questions, "What?... Why?" The unknown man says, "Just do not say anything and just listen to me. Sam your life is in danger and my advice to you is to stay away from her." Sam asks curiously, "Whom should I stay away from?" The unknown person replies, "Just stay away from her; it's for your own good. What you see is not what it is like and.also try to stay away from water. Your friend ..."and he just leaves. Sophia comes right behind him and looking at Sam's stunned face asks, "What happened? Who was that man you were talking to?" Sam replies, "Just an old friend of mine. I was just thinking why did you take so much time to return? You missed the entire show." Sophia says something but Sam could not concentrate on what she wants to say. The unknown man's words were stuck in his brain, which forces him to think, "How does Sophia know so much about me? Why did we keep meeting each other with no information of each other at all? Was it just a coincidence?" Sam stops himself before ruining such a beautiful evening just because of that unknown man. And even if Sophia is an assassin, he would love her to take his life. After all it is better to die from the hands of a person you love. A beautiful Japanese girl passes and Sam just glances over her. Although, it was just for a second that Sam looks at her, Sophia didn't like it. Sam could see a little bit of discomfort on her face, which he kinda likes. Sophia asks Sam, "Why are you smiling?" Sam replies, "It is just you. You make me smile." Sophia replies, "Oh Sam, stop it now. Do not start it all over again." Sam couldn't resist the way she was looking at him and that made Sam dedicate a song for Sophia 
Baby I don’t wanna miss your smile,
I don’t wanna miss the taste of your lips,
Nothing else in this world can replace it.
Soft as butter, red as cherry,
Addictive as wine, Sweet as honey,
I surely don't wanna miss you baby,
Even if it means missing heaven,
I am gonna come with you.

I want to feel your nervousness,
When I come closer,
Your breath getting heavier,
And see your failed attempts to keep it lower,
I want to feel it,
If you are going to hell baby,
I am coming there to get you.

 You should know one thing by now,
I need no perfume,
Cause I have your smell beneath my skin,
Everyone thinks it’s a sin,
So I guess, I am going to hell with you,
You are not alone.
I can't miss the look,
That you give me when I look at other girls,
The way you blink it softly, lower it
Just to let me know your shyness,
I don't wanna miss it,
If you are going to hell baby,
I am with you in that journey,
To hell,
To hell,

I am with you,
Till the end


Sam opens his eyes to see Sophia's face red as a cherry and the way Sophia was blushing said it all. A loud round of applause went through the room. They could not understand a word of what he sang but they could feel the love in the air. Sophia says, “The poem was good but Sam but the way you said really touched my heart. You want to taste my lips Sam, just wait a little longer I am sure you would get more than that.”

Copyright © 2014 Kallat Vinay Surendran

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pain - Does it break you or make you a believer?

I was hearing a song on repeat and my Indian mother could not be more irritated and asked, 'Can you stop listening to this crappy Englis...